- Capital and largest city: LJUBLJANA
- Official languages: SLOVENE
- Government: UNITARY PARLIAMENTARY CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBILC
- President: BORUT PAHOR
- Prime Minister: MIRO CERAR
- Independence: 25 JUNE 1991
- Joined the European Union: 1 MAY 2004
- Area: 20,273 km2
- Population (2015): 2.063.077
- Currency: EURO (€)
- Time zone: CET (UTC + 1)CEST (UTC + 2) (Summer)
- Drives on the: RIGHT
WEATHER AND CLIMATE IN SLOVENIA
The weather in Slovenia varies from season to season. There are also three climatic influences that meet in the country. A harsh Alpine climate prevails in the mountains, the coast has a sub-Mediterranean climate, and the north-east lowlands have a continental climate. The average temperature is above 20°C in July, and around 0°C in January.
What’s the best time to travel to Ljubljana in Slovenia? Here are some annual weather facts:
• The months May, June, July, August and September have nice weather with a good average temperature.
• On average, the warmest month is August.
• On average, the coolest month is January.